FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
- Cats must have a Current Vaccination. They must be protected against feline enteritis, rhinotracheitis and calicivirus. If vaccination needs to be updated this must be completed at least 10 days before arrival. Please bring in your cats ‘pet’ passport or vaccination paperwork.
- If you cat does not have a current vaccination or you choose not to vaccinate your cat, please contact us for options as we do have quarantine accommodation (The Cabin).
- We use the Royal Canin range of dry food. We have a selection of wet foods(Pouches,Fresh Meat and tinned Tuna. Grain-Free dry food is available, if required. Just ask! If your cat is on a prescription diet you will need to supply this yourself. We don’t discount if you supply your cat’s own food.
- Yes we are able to administer medication (including insulin injections). Please bring medication in it’s original packaging with the cat’s name on the label. We don’t charge for this service.
- If your cat needs Vet care we will try and contact your own Vet in the first instance. Otherwise we will take your cat to one of the Vets closest to the Cattery. There is no charge for transport but you are responsible for any Veterinary fees.
We pride ourselves on being around the cats most of the day. If they prefer to be solitary, we give them space to be private. We talk to the cats all day as we work in the Cattery and they are given lots of attention.
Yes, afternoons are more suitable for viewing due to the daily cleaning and feeding routine in the morning.
For their health and well-being, cats’ are not able to mix with other cats and remain within their own accommodation throughout their stay.
If your cat welcomes a brush, we will brush your cat. We do not groom cats, but can arrange a visit from the Mobile Vet Nurse, at an additional cost.
We live on site and keep a regular check on the Cattery after hours.
Discount is available for long-term stays. Please contact us to discuss.
You are welcome to visit your cat/s while they are here. Afternoons are a good time due to the cleaning routine.
Yes, we can do residential and airport pick-ups/drop-offs. Pricing starts from $10-$15 one way. Please contact us to discuss.
You are welcome to bring anything that makes your cat’s stay more comfortable. While we make the rooms very cosy, you are welcome to bring favourite blankets/beds/toys.
We accept Cash, Eftpos, Visa/Mastercard/Union Pay, Bartercard. Direct Credit payments can be made by arrangement for longer stays.
Established in 1979, the Pet Industry Association remains the ONLY trade-only Association within Australia, dedicated to the protection of the pet industry, and promoting responsible pet ownership. Pet Industry Association members have a National Code of Practice that was produced by members for the sole purpose of “self regulation” at the highest workable level. This Code has been very well accepted by Government and its standards exceed our regulators’ requirements. PIAA also has sector specific Standards & Guidelines.
Since 1968 Royal Canin has worked to make nutrition cats and dogs first medicine. It is our way of making a better world for pets. Health is our obsession... We focus our attention on the unique needs of cats and dogs. That obsession with detail is what makes it possible for us to deliver precise, effective nutrition, and help them become their magnificent best.
We provide extra accommodation when the Cats Protection League are full and unable to take in any more cats... Established in 1971 and incorporated in 1973, the League is a registered charity dedicated to relieving pain and suffering in cats and kittens in Canterbury, New Zealand. We rescue, rehabilitate and re-home and help where we can.
WPhost is a CloudFlare Certified Partner. We support the SPCA by donating 5% of our profits to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. And, we’re proud to say that we’re 100% New Zealand owned.